Saturday, February 18, 2012

3 gifts on paper

#128  the first words I read on this day… ones underlined in my bible with a big “P” beside them.  “P” = promise…there are several “P”s marked in it.

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.

You  guide me with your counsel, and afterwards,

You will take me into Glory.

Whom have I in heaven but You?

And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

My flesh and my heart may fail,

but God is the strength of my heart

and my portion forever.”

Psalm 73:23-26

#129   “Remembering is an act of thanksgiving, a way of thanksgiving, this turn of the heart over time’s shoulder to see all the long way His arms have carried.  ‘Gratitude is the memory of the heart,’ writes Jean Baptiste Massieu, but gratitude is not only the memories of our heart; gratitude is a memory of God’s heart and to thank is to remember God. “  -  Ann Voskamp  One Thousand Gifts

#130   Seeing at sunrise through our window this morning the paper stuck on the refrigerator with the kids memory verse of Romans 12:10  “Love each other deeply.  Honor others more than yourself.”

img_5952

img_5950

No comments:

Post a Comment