Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thank you mom

“The best blush to use is laughter: 

It puts roses in your cheeks and in your soul.”

img_6888

Whenever I hear the word laughter, I think of my mom.  Whenever I see or smell a rose, I think of my mom.  Whenever I think of the beach, I think of the love my mom has for the sun and sand.  Whenever I hear hymns resounding from organ pipes in church, I think of my mom.
Resound - to be echoed.

My mother has been an organist my whole life.  When I was a child, I remember small me in the huge sanctuary while mom practiced the hymns and anthem for next Sunday’s worship service. As I played hide and seek between and underneath the pews with my sister or colored pictures while sitting at the alter, the sounds of notes and melodies touched the deep chords in my heart.  I didn’t know it then, but now I know they did.
With it only being my mom, sister and I there, the echoes of those loud chords bounced from each of the walls in that big room… I heard what seemed to me to be day in and day out…were telling me of His holiness and worthiness of praise.
It’s always amazed me to see Mom’s petite hands stretch to reach all of those wide chords to make a enormous shout of praise to the Lord.

4 Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth,
burst into jubilant song with music;
5 make music to the Lord with the harp,
with the harp and the sound of singing,
6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram’s horn
shout for joy before the Lord, the King.

7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it.
8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
let the mountains sing together for joy;
9 let them sing before the Lord

from Psalm 98

001

Resound also means to be celebrated.

Another thing I love so much about Mom is how her small frame lets out  enormous laughs with mouth-open-wide, eyes closed, hands on tummy and head- thrown- back- face- looking- up smiling at God 

photo4

And I love to laugh enormously with her.

Her joy resounds in my heart.
Thank you mom for the many times you’ve taught me, spoiled me, listened, laughed with me and prayed for me.
DSCF6786

photo3
Happy Mother’s Day!

1000 Moms Project

No comments:

Post a Comment