Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 21

#41  one thing in the sky -

heron4.jpg (350×400)

our blue heron neighbor that we often see soaring over our town, our house and perched beside the pond across the street.  So graceful…  It’s wings seem to stretch out for miles!  Praying my joy will soar on wings like the heron’s …

#42  one thing from your memory -

img_5713

What a fun weekend to spend with my sister and her family to celebrate my niece’s 3rd birthday.  This morning, as I was getting ready for the day in their guest room, memories started flowing as I looked at the dresser in the room.  That dresser was in our grandmother’s extra bedroom where my sister and I as children stayed when we went to visit her.  Memories of sitting on that bench while Mamaw brushed and curled our hair and told make believe stories about a little bear and his adventures.  Mamaw’s hair was as white as the dresser and her reflection…of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment