Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 29

#64  when you saw light  -  in the kitchen at breakfast

img_5741

Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.”  Psalm 97:11

God is light.  In him there is no darkness at all.”    1 John 1:6

#65 a soft word - peace

#66 a soft word - sigh…a wordless sigh. Even when we don’t know the right words to say, the Holy Spirit “does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs…” Romans 8:26

#67 a song heard  -  “I'm found in Your arms of love, Your love it has saved my soul, I'll run to Your arms of love, Your light's gonna lead me home.”   King of All Days

This morning during worship at church, God was present and had the songs, scripture, words on the screen, and teaching in between songs with purpose…for me. The first two songs sung had the reference to light…and that brought me joy thinking of today’s “joy dare” to find light…and remembered how I saw the sun rays shining through our kitchen window earlier that morning.

Then on the screen Romans 8 appeared…I had been studying chapter 8:26-30 the past 3 days! That chapter was written in a new and fresh way. Then one of the pastors spoke of how we need to know about the glory of God revealed in us and how hope saves us…and how when things are at the point in our life where we don’t even know what or how to pray, that the Holy Spirit makes prayers for us from our wordless sighs. And I had already thought that morning while looking at the sunlight of the other “joy dare” today which was “a soft word”…and to my amazement the words I had thought early that morning were peace and sigh!

Thank you, Abba, for Your Word, Your Presence, Your special and purposeful plans for me this morning…for Your gifts… for songs, for sighs and your light. “Let me remember the great mercies of my God. Give me the full measure of Your grace. Alive in Your Spirit I’m willing and able to make Your joy complete.” – yet another song that just started playing on Pandora as I type this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment