Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3 gifts entwined

 

#267 our family

#268  The thorn branches entwined around the trees and bushes behind our house and fence

img_6489

What is the joy in that?

If left alone, they almost slither around trees, bushes and other weeds.  They can take over areas if they’ve been left untouched or unnoticed.  The sharp thorns protrude from the vine ready to attack.    Sometimes they’re hard to see and you don’t realize they’re there until you feel a sharp prick or scratch.  Sometimes they draw blood.

img_6287a

They hurt when you’re pricked.

Pricked.  Just a little prick. 

Think of the thorns on Jesus’ head...or should I say in Jesus’ head. 

I know Jesus felt more than just a few small pricks from the crown of thorns on his head.

The thorns on his head were long and sharp and pressed into his scalp.  Hard.  The Roman soldiers take a stick and strike the thorns in his head even harder.  Then mocked. 

The humbling joy I have is knowing that Jesus took on those thorns for my sake.  For my redemption.  And for yours.

So, I’m grateful for thorns to remind me of Jesus’ crown.

img_6288

#269  the snake around the tree in our yard…but is that a joy?  The joy is that it was a friendly black snake!

img_3361

No comments:

Post a Comment