Friday, March 30, 2012

3 gifts uncovered

#276   my children uncovered from their blankets to get out of bed this morning and start a new day.

#277 grill cover to grill dinner

img_6519

#278  gifts uncovered in His Word.

He did it again!  Hanging on the refrigerator this morning when I went to get breakfast ready for the family, I see the gifts to hunt for today.  “3 gifts uncovered”.   Then after breakfast, I open my bible to read.  That word is in the Scripture for today’s reading.  “Uncovered.” This happened to me the other day when I was looking for  3 gifts redeemed.

Uncovered.

“When Boaz had finished eating and drinking and was in good spirits, he went over to lie down at the far end of the grain pile.  Ruth approached quietly, uncovered his feet and lay down…”    Ruth 3:7

That was a custom way back  then (and I just learned that some modern Arabians continue this practice) when it comes to a marriage proposal.   Ruth was being vulnerable enough to let Boaz respectively know she was offering herself to be his wife if he so desired.

Ruth could do that because Boaz was her kinsman-redeemer

She selflessly served…as a worker in Boaz’s fields and as a child of God. 

I need to be more selfless.

Ruth was blessed.

“God’s unfolding (or uncovering) providence which had directed Ruth to Boaz’s fields to glean, may have also been for the greater purpose of bringing Ruth and Boaz together.  It was more than just “coincidence” of circumstances.  It was God’s providence.” (BSF)

I don’t believe that the hunt words “redeemer” and “uncovered” just happened to be “coincidence” but providential orchestration. 

Why?  I don’t know.

But I’m learning it’s beautiful how God uncovers His gifts… sometimes when we seek them and sometimes when they’re just handed to us on a platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment