Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gifts of freedom

 

#632 Freedom through Christ from the weight of my sin to keep those chains unlocked…

…but being the broken human I am, I can keep that chain close by. When memories of things I’d rather forget surface, it can be easy to take hold of and grip that lock and latch it again. But I thank God that He can grip my hands even tighter and keep me from locking that guilt of sin again around me. He gently takes that chain and lock away from me and I can take a deep breath of freedom again.

#633  freedom in our country

#634  One nation, under God…

IMG_7775

#635  front porch flowers red, white, and blue

IMG_7782

#636  strawberry and blueberry dessert

IMG_7805

#637  wheelbarrow races

IMG_7796

IMG_7829

#638  kids faces lit up in front of sparklers

IMG_7790

#639  red, white and blue

IMG_7780

IMG_7788

IMG_7845

#640  fireworks with church family

IMG_7862

#641  love cold lemonade on a hot summer day

#642  love hearing husband lead dinner table devotion

#643  love seeing my daughter carrying so many books she can hardly see over them

#644  “God’s purposes are not for me to understand His plans: His plan is for me to understand Who He is.” (Ann Voskamp)

 

Free

by Sandra Marie Mc Cracken, Derek Walsh Webb, Danielle Young

Around my neck is a beautiful stone

I made it from the good that I've done

It is close to my heart with a meter of its own.

But the weight it bears on me

From the good I wanna be

It cuts me in half

A blade, a sword, a golden calf

Now I'm sinking under the load

I see it was only fool's gold

And it falls on me brings me low

Around his neck he carries the stone

He takes my burden makes it his own

And it takes him down

The bread, the wine, the golden crown

Free free

Free free

A rose shoots up from the ground

Sky cracks open sun through the clouds.

The old has changed the earth

The bride, the family name.

Broken down and shot through

All the good I mean to do

Prison shakes the man goes free

I am him and he is me

Free free

Free free

No comments:

Post a Comment