Friday, July 20, 2012

Are you wearing thin?

 

It’s miserably hot and humid in the middle of July in the south.  So hot when you open the door to let the dog outside for a few minutes, it’s hard to take a deep breath because the air feels so thick. 

I step outside to get the mail and by the time I’m back inside a pearl of sweat has already formed on my forehead.

And even though wearing a thin layer of clothes I still collects sweat on my back when we get in the car that’s been sitting in the parking lot as we run some errands.

Wearing thin…it’s the middle of the summer and sometimes I feel like I’m wearing thin.

Wearing thin of creative ideas to do with the kids at home because it’s even too hot to play at the pool.  Wearing thin of patience.  Wearing thin of diligent time in the Word.

When it’s so hot it makes me feel lazy.  And it makes our kids feel lazy in the heat of the summer. 

And we have to be careful with that because lazy plus lazy can equal boredom.  

And boredom can become aggravation. 

And that can be easy to become because we’re out of our regular routine during the school year.

All we need is some replenishment.

Our tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini in our garden need replenishment.  Our roses, day lilies and plant on the porch need replenishment…daily.  I need to water them daily.  The scorching sun and heat sucks the life and growth out of them.

IMG_7966

If I’m not getting replenishment from the Living Water (Jesus) and the Living Word daily…it can suck the life and growth out of me.

On days when you feel all dried up and thirsty, when your cup becomes empty…it needs to be refilled.

Refilled with energy.   Refilled with prayer.  Refilled with reminders of hope.  Refilled with patience.  Refilled to keep growth growing.  Refilled for revival.  Refilled with Living Water until the cup, or can, overflows…

IMG_7962

IMG_7961

 

Reading this Truth is what I put my stake in…reading this Truth replenishing and fills my cup full again…

 

We can’t round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 5:5 The Message)

 

May you be replenished this weekend

 

Gratitude gifts

#702  God generously pours gifts into our lives daily

#703  gift musical - song of blue jay instructing her baby how to fly

IMG_7951

IMG_7954

#704  gift musical - my mom and her organ

#705  gift musical – today heard one of my favorite songs on radio…God of Wonders

#706  daughter home from camp safely

#707  daughter having a blast at camp

#708  the leaders who love her and love God

#709  husband came home from trip safely

#710  gift of darkness…the dark clouds moving in bring water to replenish our yard and garden as I write this post

#711  the rainbow after this rain

IMG_7968

#712  gift of shadow cast at night on the back porch…still light in the darkness.

IMG_7959

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures! And enjoyed reading through your list.

    ReplyDelete