Tuesday, April 10, 2012

3 gifts opened up

#325  Opened the bible to these words this morning…

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”   

Jeremiah 17:7-8

img_6372

So, today, I open Jesus Calling to read today’s devotion.  The first words were, “Trust Me in every detail of your life.  Nothing is random in My Kingdom.”  Recently a friend said to me those exact words.  That thought crossed my heart when I read that.  I whispered, “Thank you, Abba.”

Then, below the devotion are the Scripture verses that the devotion is based from. 

I looked them up.

Jeremiah 17:7  “…blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him.”

Trust and confidence are life words to me…life words I need.

But I didn’t want to stop reading, so I continued…

Jeremiah continues to write about the tree…beside water…roots going into a stream.

Instantly I’m reminded of a photo I took several days ago, thinking that ‘Oh, I might be able to include this sometime in my Joy Dare…I don’t know whet yet, but I’ll take a photo of this tree, by water, with roots stretched out into it…’ 

LORD, I want to be a tree like that.

Thank you for opening up Your Word to me this morning.

#326  opened a book (Faithful Hearts by Jan Kempe) with these words…

“Doesn’t faith mean you dare to trust?  How can you call it faith if you don’t take a risk?”

#327 kids opened a letter they got in the mail today from their aunt and uncle who live on the other side of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment