Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gifts of full life

 

img_7650

I had a bowl of Life cereal for breakfast this morning.  I probably put in a little too much because I was a little full after I finished.

I take the kids to swim practice and come back home and open my bible and a devotion guide I’ve used in the summer the past couple of years. 

“Read Psalm 130”

“…put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is FULL redemption.  He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins”…. or He himself will redeem us from all our sins.  Psalm 130: 7-8 NIV

Today’s hunt suggestion is to find “gifts full”.  Earlier this morning I really was full  after eating Life and then it just so happens that after I ate, the assignment for today to start the devotion by reading Scripture about the promise of God’s unfailing love with His FULL redemption

The Lord is the only One who can fully redeem…or rescue…or set us free with ransom (his Son)…from our sins. 

Then the study says to, “Read Colossians 3:1-17” ( I read from The Voice version)

On that day when the Anointed One – who is our very LIFE – is revealed, you will be revealed with Him in glory!”  vs. 4

LIFE!  LIFE REVEALED with Him in glory!

I keep reading…verse 16-17…

Let the word of the Anointed One richly inhabit your lives.  With all wisdom teach, counsel, and instruct one another…sing to God from hearts full and spilling over with thankfulness.  Surely, no matter what you are doing (speaking, writing, or working), do it all in the name of Jesus our Master, sending thanks through Him to God our Father.”

(Yes, in this version of Scripture, the words full and spilling over and writing are really italicized!!)

And I’m really not joking, as I was writing this, I was listening to Pandora and the lyrics of this classic hymn sing softly in the background….”How marvelous, how wonder-FULL is my Savior’s love for me.”

I am full of wonder spilling over of amazement of God’s love, or maybe even sense of humor, by putting those scriptures and hymns with words and promises of “full” and “life” as my hunt assignment and devotion for today relate to each other.

My life is wonder-FULL of blessings that I know I don’t deserve…but I’m ever so humbled and grateful for.

I am FULL of LIFE through Christ and I’m sending thanks through Him to God!

#548  What a gift of Life wonder-FULL of God’s surprises, redemption, grace and love.

#549  bowl of LIFE cereal

#550 first summer trip to the library to stock up on books

#551 finding missing socks

#552 playing in the rain

#553 laughing with family so hard it literally makes me cry

#554 dinner with college friends

#555 FULL of fun memories and catching-up-conversations

img_7654

Thanks friends for a great evening together…thanks for your encouragement and I loved hearing your stories about miracles and blessings from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment