Friday, June 29, 2012

Relief from haze

 

There’s a haze that lies heavy as far as I can see.

It’s hard to take a deep breath.

It’s easy to need one.

IMG_7753

It’s been 102* today if not hotter here in the Carolinas.  Now it’s evening and it’s still 95* as I sit here at the pool to try to cool off and watch the kids swim.

It’s to be the same sweltering, hazy-summer days of several more to come with no relief.

IMG_7755

IMG_7754

So…this weekend I hope to find a place where there is relief from the enveloping heat and haze where I can breathe in a deep breath and breathe in rest and cool- comfort from the Son shining over me…

…and you, too.

IMG_7756

Have a blessed weekend!

 

Still counting…

#612  first tomatoes out of the garden

#613  taco salad for dinner

#614  crunchy purple grapes

#615  sweet tears from words read

#616  air conditioned home when it’s 100 degrees outside…ahhh…just right

#617  the lifeguards who work in the heat so we can get cooler in the pool.

#618  the spiral notebook and pen I take to the pool.

#619  hearing girls giggle and splash

No comments:

Post a Comment