Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Comfortable shoes

 

At the end of the day, how comfortable it is sitting in this big sofa chair with a pillow beside me and a pillow behind me.  Laptop on my lap.  TV on low volume just so I can see the weather on the news channel and husband asleep on the couch after a long day.

What a gift to feel comfortable…and uncomfortable.

But then I uncomfortably remember how I take comfort so much for granted.  I thought, “But what is Jennifer doing down in rural Mexico right now?  Is she sleeping on a cot or on the ground? In a home with humidity and cracks in the four walls?  Is she comfortable in her own shoes?” 

Is she ever comfortable?  How does she see herself?

If she wrote a blog would she write something like this in the comfort of her home?

Oh how I’m so glad I have a family who sponsors me and my family.  I wish I could meet them.  I wish I heard from them every day.  I love how Libby writes to me in Spanish.  I wish they could come visit me and then we could speak in Spanish with each other.

They tell me about what they’re learning and things they do at church, about soccer games and dance lessons and sent me pictures of the town they live in.  Wow!  I wish I lived in a place like they do. 

They have a lot of green grass, pretty flowers and gardens… and big stores with parking lots full of cars.  They have places where they cook food for you and serve it to you and you don’t have to do anything but eat it!    I wish I could go to a place like that someday.

I’m thankful though that I get a meal every day.  I help out with my brother and sister because my mom is handicapped.  My dad sometimes has jobs but they change a lot.  He can’t seem to keep a job for a long time.  Right now he has what he calls a security job at night and I’m scared he’ll get hurt.

I’m thankful that I am able to go to school and I’m learning a lot.  I’m thankful I have a church family and we read the Bible and learn about Jesus and how much he loves me and everyone.  I’m thankful that Compassion does special things for us.  This summer we got to go to a carnival and I got to eat a hamburger!

I’m thankful for the clothes I’m wearing, my family, my friends, my sponsor family, Compassion workers and especially thankful for Jesus and what he did for me.  I’m thankful they told me about Jesus and I asked him to live in my heart.  I’m thankful that someday I’ll be in heaven with Jesus and all my family and friends and we’ll all be merry!

Until then, I’ll just keep hoping and just keep praying asking God to take care of me and my family with just what we need.”

IMG_9296

Is she comfortable in her own scuffed and well-worn shoes?  The only shoes she has?

Does she feel comfortable in the arms of God?  

Do you? 

Or do you have that uncomfortable feeling in your gut where you know you need to take off your comfortable shoes and give them to someone else who really needs some?

IMG_9297

If you haven’t adopted a Compassion child, our family highly recommends doing it!  It’s a win-win situation!  You feel the joy in your heart for giving and watching that child grow physically and spiritually…the child feels joy in his/her heart for receiving and being cared for and being loved by you, Compassion and especially by Jesus. 

It’s worth more than every penny.

 

#935  two bins filled with shoes

#936  closets filled with clothes

#937  cooler fall evenings

#938  sleeping with windows open and having to pull over more blankets

#939  gift finished – the long wait our friends have had to meet their daughter they're adopting from Haiti finished yesterday - they held her in their arms for the first time yesterday!

#940  gift finished – studying Judges 1-2

#941  gift finished – this day the Lord has made

1 comment:

  1. The Biggest Slot Machines - Dr.MCD
    A look at 충청북도 출장샵 the biggest slot machines in the world created to cater to 안산 출장샵 high-rollers. When 시흥 출장샵 playing at high-rollers online, you will want 창원 출장샵 to see 구리 출장안마 why it

    ReplyDelete