Monday, September 10, 2012

So many questions…Yet

Tears lying at the foot of the cross, tears of humility, tears wondering why, tears pleading for clear direction and answers, tears of compassion for my kids having to live in our world’s and community’s brokenness and corruption that they’ll be exposed to (already are) and must live amongst, tears because I’m scared I’m going to miss the mark. 

Yet…tears of this morning’s prayer immediately answered because I asked Him to give me just the right Scripture to read today and He did, tears of comfort because He will never leave and will always be there, tears being on holy ground…all of these tears dropped on the little white alter in the sunroom on my knees.

img_9228a

When it rains, it pours...

God reigns, pouring love.

God reigns, pouring opportunity

God reigns, pouring grace.

Pouring in order to grow us.  Wanting us to grow so we’ll listen for His voice even harder, even more.  Wanting us to grow more trust in Him. 

Yet… I want to know now.  What will unfold?  Will I know what to say, know what to do?  Can we really do this?  Should we really do this?  How are we going to do it?  What’s to come of it all? (Do I really want to know?)

I opened the devotion book to September 10…told to read Isaiah 54:10 

Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Oh how I need to feel peace in this messed-up world and the reminder of  the promise of His unfailing love and compassion…

and then I read Matthew 28:20

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Is that a “Hellooo!  Here’s My answer!”?  Is it really?  But when?  How?  Now?  Later?

Both read this morning…after a spiritually draining day yesterday.  A good draining though.   And I love how “out of the blue” those words in Scripture really spoke to me of what He knew I needed to read the day after.

Questions still not answered, world’s brokenness still not searching for restoration and repentance…our children still growing older in it, and so many temptations of worry and fear being dangled right in front of my face…

…“Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”  Habakkuk 3:18

 

Joys

#896  hearing Jonathan McKee speak about “Parenting the Texting Generation” at church. 

#897  An invitation

#898  gift masked – football players’ faces masked under helmets…it’s football season and a nice (even though a little rainy) evening

#899  gift framed (my Mamaw…thanks!) – the print I made (on Storybook) of photos taken on trips my husband and I went to.

img_9230

#900  gift marveled – the waterfalls we saw at the Columbia River Gorge

dscf3581

#901  hard eucharisteo – the worldly life that Grady and Libby must grow up in

#902  cooler weather…excitement of autumn around the corner

#903  gift moving – the theme youth group is studying this month… “Moving forward”

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your words. Love that waterfall. :)

    ReplyDelete