Friday, September 21, 2012

How wide…

 

She’s growing up.  She’s more beautiful everyday.  She’s at the beginning of life where she’s starting to figure out who she is.

In the midst of the beginning of this discovery in this wide world so many obstacles…so many roads to choose from.  The good road.  I pray it’s the good road.

In the midst of this beginning adventure of life, I see frustrations emerge, insecurities starting to find their way in.  Her 9 year old self is trying to find “me”.  Who am I?  What am I good at?  Do other people like me? 

DSCF6627

I remember reading to her the book I Love You This Much  it seems like yesterday 5 or 6 years ago.  I’d sit “indian style” and she’d sit on my lap.  I’d look over her should to read the book to her as a few strands of her hair would tickle my face.  I want to read it to her again…she needs to hear it.  I need to hear it again. 

She needs to be reminded of that love every day…especially the days when attitude, or conflict, misunderstanding or lack of patience arise.  The days when she feels unsure, unliked, undone.  I want her to understand that it’s OK to be a little undone…because Christ is still forming her…not done with her yet…and is just at the beginning of the special things He has for her to do…

IMG_7109

 

I want her to remember how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—so she may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”  Eph. 3:18-19

 

img_9162

Thought I’d include the words to this book…

I Love You This Much by Lynn Hodges and Sue Buchanan

When you arise with sleepy eyes, my smiling face you see.

I always say, “Well, look who’s up.” You laugh and say, “it’s me!”

How I love your morning hug; you nestle in my touch.  You wait to hear me whisper low, “I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH.”

I love you best. I love you most. I love you high. I love you low.  I love you deep.  I love you side.  I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!

Throughout the day, we hide and seek; I love to see you smile.  I always say, “I found you, dear” But I had you all the while.

You run to me with open arms; I love to feel your touch.

We shout out loud for all to hear, “I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!”

I love you best. I love you most. I love you high. I love you low. I love you deep. I love you side. I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!

I trust you know that God is so, by what I say and do.  I tell you he is safe and sure.

And what he says is true.

He holds you in his loving arms; you feel his tender touch.

You hear the heavenly Father say, “I love you this much!”

When day is done at setting sun, we bow our heads and pray.  I trust you to God’s loving care.  You safely drift away.  I kiss you on your sleepy head, with one last gentle touch.

The words still ringing in our ears, “I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH.”

I love you best. I love you most. I love you high. I love you low. I love you deep. I love you side. I love you, I love you,  I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH!

 

                                                            5minutefriday

7 comments:

  1. Loved your sweet words today. Made me tear up as a momma who is watching her sons search for who they are as well. Thank you so much for sharing your heart today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging comment...I'm glad it stirred things in your heart like it did mine. God is good...all the time. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. 29 years old, and I'm still struggling with "who am I?" and "do other people like me?" - so thankful for God's love reminding me who I am in Him. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way and I'm a decade older than you! I think all women, no matter what age, ask those questions to themselves, too. Thanks so much for your comment...blessings to you!

      Delete
  3. letting others know they are precious and forever loved is one of the most marvelous services there is. It is so much the heart of God

    This was just lovely!

    ReplyDelete