Friday, September 28, 2012

I’m really doing this

 

The airplane tickets were purchased last night!   I have the conference ticket and a hotel room reserved.  It’s really going to happen.  I’m really doing this now.

I can’t believe I’m doing this.  In January I would have never imagined doing something like this.  First of all having a blog.  Going out of my comfort zone.  Going to a conference about social media…by myself knowing nobody!  Am I nuts?

I’m excited.  I’m nervous or maybe scared to death (I’m not sure if that’s from going to this conference or getting on an airplane by myself…this’ll be a first!)

There’s going to be so much there to grasp I know.  This is something I’ve never dreamed of doing.  I just hope it’s worth it.

I want this to be a God-thing, not a Beth-thing.  I want this to be a stepping stone to what God wants me to do for His glory.  I want to learn.  I want to be accepted.  I want to be able to say or write something that helps someone see Jesus in a new way… from my story.

I’m filled with hope.  I’m going to Allume

“I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me; GOD, don’t let me down! I’ll run the course you lay out for me if you’ll just show me how.”     Psalm 119:26  (The Message)

 

Linking up with:

 5minutefriday

 

Gifts given thanks for…

# 942  gift unexpected – our tree coming down

#943  gift unpopular – seeing the beauty in all the kids at school at picture day

#944  gift uneven – the stump of the tree in our backyard that was cut down yesterday… and it’s root.   Thankful for my roots…

IMG_9322

#945  gift shy – being quiet and listening

#946  husband ordering airplane tickets for me

#947  my family’s support for me going to Allume in 27 days!

14 comments:

  1. "I want this to be a God thing - not a Beth thing." - love that girl!

    You are going to love Allume! Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, blessings to you,too! Thank you for your comment. Read your blog and you're a great writer... I hope we can meet in a few weeks!

      Delete
  2. I just blogged about my Going-to-Allume fears, too. :) I suspect God has great things in store for us... can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved reading your post, too!! Their mission/purpose gets me so excited, too. I hope we can meet each other Heidi!

      Delete
  3. i also recently booked a trip with me flying alone for the first time in ten years or so. a huge step! you go girl. God is ALREADY doing awesome things in and through you beth! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and encouragement! I hope we can meet each other there! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like it has been a big year for you! It will be my first blogging conference as well. Look forward to joining you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been...I bet like everyone else who's going. I loved reading your post just now...Psalm 37:4 is one of my favorite "life verses". I hope to meet you there!

      Delete
  5. Hi Beth! I'm going to Allume for the first time too! Hope to meet you. (stopping by from the Allume link-up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're going too! Just visited your blog...so creative! Hope to meet you there!

      Delete
  6. That will be a great birthday for you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! It was so good to talk with you today!!!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! It'll be while I'm at Allume Social conference! Hope you have a good weekend!

      Delete