Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Little Revelations Day 5

I welcome fall.

Welcoming cooler temperatures, apple cider, keeping the windows open during the day and even more during the night so when it gets really chilly we get to pull the warm, thick covers over. 

DSCF0779

Welcoming brilliant colors of leaves with sun rays haloing them.  Welcoming pulling the rakes out of shed and raking piles of leaves for the kids to jump in. 

img_2345

Welcoming being able to bring out the recipes of those fall and winter comfort foods like chicken pie, shrimp chowder, mashed potatoes, vegetable soup. 

Welcoming getting darker earlier so we’ll settled down earlier and rest more in the evening.  Welcoming the need to wear slippers and cuddling under blankets on the sofas.

Realizing how much we have to be thankful for this season…

 

5minutefridaylinking up with Lisa-Jo Baker’s blog and

31 days

4 comments:

  1. Admirable that you welcome the fall. I live in MN and so hate the long cold winter months. Fall reminds me that winter is coming, so I don't embrace it as I should. It is a beautiful time of year, and I want to welcome it just as you say. Thank you for your words today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where you'd feel that way...but don't give up finding joy in it! I hope you have a blessed fall season! Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I love this picture!! We welcome fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, too, sis and my precious nieces and nephew!

    ReplyDelete